Saturday, February 25, 2006

more thoughts on worship...

"of all the bells rung from a thousand steeples,
none rings truer than this.
its all God's people singing
Holy holy, hallelujiah
He reigns!"
St. Paul's Cathedral, the Sistine Chapel, Westminster Abbey, Notre Dam... the list goes on. I've been to a lot of cathedrals, as I said to Lisa many a time "You know you've been spoiled when you've seen so many cathedrals you start critiquing the architecture!" At the top is a quote from a sweet Newsboys song that makes me smile everytime I hear it! I beleive so strongly that Michelangelo has nothing on 250 people on a Sunday morning singing these words in adoration to God. Don't get me wrong, I have utmost respect for people who spent their lives worshiping God through paint and architecture that is timeless, I just identify better with this true ring...

No comments: