Friday, January 05, 2007

A Whole New Season...

December 17, 2006 I married the most amazing man in the whole world and now I have a new name, all new kitchen appliances and I sleep with a boy. We had a beautiful day, so many amazing and loving people helped us by making it all look gorgeous. I am thrilled with it all, it was perfect! I don't just say that because that's what people should say after they get married, I really mean it! There are a few things that I would do differently, hind sight it always 20-20, but they are little and insignificant. We had so much fun and have spent the last 3 weeks talking about how blessed we are! We had an amazing pastor who married us, he really knew us and gave an awesome message that made us laugh and cry. Our wedding party was a blast put up with the chill during pictures. Brady took some AWESOME shots which I will post later and I am still anxiously awaiting Mike's pictures. We were also so thankful for our families, our parents gave us so much from the wedding itself, to Carla's amazing rehersal dinner, to so much love and joy throughout the day. And of course, our amazing geusts. It was so awesome to look out at all those people and be so thankful that each one was there! They all meant so much to us in different ways but I can honestly say that I was thankful for everybody, and also thankful I knew them all... hehe.
We went on to have a great honeymoon. Dan and Margurite so generously gave us their condo in Sunpeaks for the week. We got to explore the village, ski and snowboard and have lots of play time in the snow.
Since we've been home we've done a ton of visiting with family and friends, opened our huge load of AMAZING gifts, set up our suite (which is huge and now full of beautiful things and great treats from IKEA!) and generally bummed around and enjoyed married life.
I must say I am loving my new season of life... I feel settled and content. I'm trying not to be too corny here but it really does feel like home....

No comments: