Thursday, September 13, 2007

Community

Do you ever feel like you walk into church on Sunday morning and put on a face? If we were really honest with ourselves, really honest, would we maybe admit that socializing in a church foyer can be physically painful? Why is it that the people we try to live in community with are often the ones we lie to on a weekly basis? Try just being a fly on the wall ...
"Hey. How was your week?"
"Good. Busy. How was yours?"
"Great!"
I'm not saying that no one ever has an honest answer for an honest question but that begs another question that sometimes niggles me on Sunday morning, are you really looking for an honest answer for me? I am not trying to be cinical here, if you know me at all you know how much I love church (church being the Body of Christ wherever we happen to be) but from high school to bible college to campus crusade I see the same thing and Im hungry for something more. I think I've always felt this frusteration and yet not sure what to do with it...

No comments: