Monday, April 14, 2008

Seagull Legs


On Friday night Wendy, Janice and I had a celebration of sorts... We toasted to my new job, to Wendy's domain (wendesign.ca) and Etsy site and to Janice - because we love her.

As we sat at White Rock, eating our fish and chips, the seagulls began to surround us. They were getting closer and closer and ruffling their feathers. I was getting uncomfortable, Janice was getting irritated, both with me being uncomfortable (and subsequently getting closer to her lap) and with the birds. When all of a sudden Wendy says (in all seriousness) "Doesn't it just look like I could snap their little legs?" And then we laugh... a lot.

And that is why I love these girls. The celebrate with me, they laugh with me, they laugh at me, they know my junk, they've seen me cry, they've called me out on my crap and they still love me.

No comments: