Sunday, February 12, 2006

every good and perfect gift...


so my first official experience with a bar/club thinger (i dont even know how you classify it)! we had this great day with these two great people but we were slightly commical in our loserness, showing up at the blarney stone right when it opened. we were the only ones there for a good 20 minutes and the waitress couldn't figure out why we weren't keeping the guiness flowing... we really were quite nerdish but it was a blast.
as i sat there and looked around at all the people (once they arrived) i was struck by how thankful I was that I there with good friends, that i didnt need alchohol to make the experience more fun and i didnt have to wear next to nothing to attract my man. the atmosphere was neat and everything but i was struck by this sense of none of it being 'enough'. all these people running around trying to get more out of life but it was never enough.... the alchohol, the relationships, the socializing just didnt cut it.
im so thankful that God has given me these things that do 'cut it'. that are so satisfying... danielle, brady, noni, sarah, darla.. all these relationships make me so blessed and so full. my amazing fiance who love me just for me, who i love and respect beyond what i ever imagined, God gave me that...
so my conclusion after the sun, the laughter and the joy of yesterday... GOD IS SO GOOD!!

No comments: