Thursday, November 16, 2006

Some days...

... I know that I chose to do what I am doing now. I made the choice to take the year off and not head back to school right away, I made the choice to do a one year program, I made the choice to work this year... I made those choices. But there are some days when I wish I had taken the school route. Days like yesterday, when classes were cancelled at Trinity, but I was at work. And some days work is... work.
Someone told me recently that I have to take joy in the small victories in my job, I haven't seen many small victories lately and it's starting to rub. Every other day I get to teach last block and usually I love it! I love my classroom and I love the kids in it, they are all 'gentle giants' and have such a collective, wicked, sense of humor. But today I got to my class and I was so tired and frusterated from everything else that had come down the pipe that 10 minutes into my class I totally snapped at a poor unsuspecting student who really, was doing nothing wrong. He's such a sweetheart and I yelled... I never yell at students. I hated myself for it and pulled him out 10 minutes later to apologize. Of course he was great, told me not to worry about it and 30 seconds later he was making me laugh again. But it made me wonder, why am I not doing more of what I love and less of what makes me so quickly irritated with those I love???
Hmmm, I bought multi-vitamins today, Danielle said it would help! For those who are interest; tennis racket -2, me - 0!

1 comment:

Stephanie and Brad said...

Hi Katie. I totally know that feeling. I love my life and I chose to do this but sometimes, I get tired...I was just thinking today about how if I wasn't in school, I would want to be and now that I'm in school, I'm sick of it. It's a vicious cycle. Just remember, in a month you'll be married! Okay..well..you'll still have to work and it will make life even more ocmplicated casue then you're being a wife and working but it's worth it. And plus, you get to have sex. Did I just say that on here? yeah..well, guess I did. Love ya Kate..hang in there